Apogee Journal seeks a social media editor to help lead our social media, marketing, and outreach efforts. We are a journal of art and literature that aims to combine literary aesthetic with political activism. We are looking for someone with prior experience in running social media campaigns and/or someone with a background in marketing and graphic design. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing an outreach and marketing strategy for the journal, maintaining Apogee’s social media presence, and working closely with Apogee staff to develop engaging copy and content consistent with Apogee’s voice and vision.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating, curating, and publishing relevant and high-quality content on Instagram and Twitter
- Developing an engagement strategy across social media platforms and maintaining a social media content calendar
- Performing social media community engagement, such as responding to messages and inquiries
- Attending monthly Apogee staff meetings and collaborating with assistant editor and associated staff on social media and marketing campaigns
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Social media savvy, adaptable, and creative. You are knowledgeable and excited about the opportunities presented by social media to authentically connect with and engage readers. Prior graphic design experience is a big plus.
- Social justice-oriented and passionate about uplifting underrepresented voices in the arts. You align with Apogee’s mission and are excited about opportunities to push forward Apogee’s political and social engagement efforts.
- A collaborative self-starter. We’re a small, close-knit community here at Apogee and much of our work involves collective visioning and independent follow-through. We would love to have a motivated and reliable person who enjoys working in community join us!
If you’re interested in applying, please answer the questions below by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will follow up with promising candidates in order to request a video interview.
- Please tell us how you identify and whom you hold as a community. We ask for this information in an open-ended way so you can set the terms by which we get to know you. (100-150 words)
- What makes you an ideal Apogee candidate? (300-500 words)
- What is your social media experience? (100-300 words)
- What literary (or nonliterary) social media platforms do you look to and why? (100-300)