Join Apogee’s Team
Apogee Journal is currently looking for highly motivated writers, editors, and lovers of literature to join our team as interns. Apogee’s mission is twofold: to elevate underrepresented voices by publishing and supporting traditionally marginalized writers and artists; and to bring conversations about social justice and identity politics into creative expression. We are an ambitious young journal based in New York City, with a growing community of engaged readers who support our mission. Working with Apogee brings opportunities for networking with nonprofits, literary journals, writers, and artists in New York City and beyond, and the chance to be a part of a supportive and diverse team of writers and editors who are passionate about art and activism.
- Proofreading blog content for Perigee and posting it to WordPress;
- Mailing copies of Apogee to contributors, reviewers, and subscribers;
- Establishing connections with bookstores in NYC to sell Apogee;
- Tracking inventory of print issues;
- Building opportunities for reviews and interviews by connecting with like-minded organizations and individuals over e-mail;
- Copyediting/proofreading content for print issues.
- Experience managing social media campaigns for events, programs, or organizations;
- Experience event planning (coordinating with venues, ordering catering, selling tickets, advertising);
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Dropbox;
- Basic knowledge of WordPress;
- Strong communication skills;
- Proofreading/editing skills;
- Self-starter, with demonstrated experience spearheading projects.
Please send your resumé or CV and a short cover letter explaining why you’d like to work with Apogee to Executive Editor Alexandra Watson: email@example.com.