Apogee Journal’s reading period is now open! We are seeking fiction and nonfiction for Issue 08, to be published in Fall/Winter 2016. Our reading period opens June 22 and closes August 15. We are not reading poetry for our print issue at this time. Perigee, our blog, is open for fiction, nonfiction, and poetry year-round.
Apogee is a journal of literature and art that engages with identity politics, including but not limited to: race, gender, sexuality, class, ability, and intersectional identities. We are a biannual print publication featuring fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and visual art. Our goals are twofold: to publish fresh work that interrogates the status quo, and to provide a platform for underrepresented voices, prioritizing artists and writers of color.
- Prose should be under 5,000 words, in either .doc or .docx format. Please send only one piece per reading period.
- All work must be previously unpublished.
- Cover letters are optional.
- Please include a current bio.
- Apogee is committed to honoring the work and dedication of our contributors with artist payments when possible. Issue 08 contributors will receive an artist fee of $50 per contributor.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. Please notify us if your work has been accepted elsewhere.
Check out our past issues to get a sense of the journal before sharing your work with us. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and if you have any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your work! Visit our Submittable page here!