Apogee Journal is currently looking for highly motivated and critically minded readers to review submissions in collaboration with our Poetry, Fiction, and Nonfiction editors. Our submissions are open 4 months out of the year, and last issue we received nearly a thousand submissions. As we continue to grow, we expect to receive even more!
If you are interested in being considered for the position, please email email@example.com by July 1st with the following items:
*A Resume or CV
* A cover letter that answers the following questions:
1. What genre(s) are you interested in reading for?
2. What do you believe makes a successful piece of writing in chosen genre?
3. Which contemporary writers work are you most interested in, and why?
4. Are you familiar with the mission of Apogee Journal? Why are you interested in working with us?
Apogee Journal focuses on publishing art and literature that engage with issues of identity politics: race, gender, sexuality, class, and hyphenated identities. Our goal is to publish exciting work that interrogates the status quo, providing a platform for unheard voices, including emerging writers of color.
We release two print journals a year and have produced five issues to date. We have a solid and growing presence on social media; our issues are sold in bookstores around New York City, Chicago, and the Bay Area. We also host regular events and are fast building a community of engaged readers and artists who support our mission. Currently, all positions at Apogee are unpaid, but this is a great opportunity for someone passionate to join an exciting and growing community of like-minded artists.