We at Apogee Journal are excited to announce that the New York State Council on the Arts has awarded us an $8,000 Book and Literary Magazine Publishing grant to support our work in 2016.
As an independent journal with a mostly volunteer staff, we are committed to producing a high quality print publication that showcases diverse voices while honoring the work and dedication of our contributors and staff. We will use the NYSCA grant in three key ways:
- To help fund publication of Issue 07, to be released in July 2016;
- To pay all contributors for Issues 07 & 08, in the amount of $50 per contributor;
- To issue modest stipends to our most committed editorial staff.
These fundraising priorities reflect our ambitions for the journal; to honor the artistic and curatorial work that goes into each issue of Apogee, and to continue getting this work out into the world in a form we love.
If you appreciate Apogee’s work and would like to contribute to this vision, please consider supporting us by:
- Donate to Apogee through our fiscal sponsor, Fractured Atlas
- Purchase one of our print issues
- Subscribe to Apogee using the Paypal platform at the bottom of our “About” page
Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to having more opportunities to elevate marginalized writers and artists.
Apogee Journal is made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.